IU Health Research Imaging Rates
Research imaging exams performed at IU Health hospitals receive Medicare rates. Exams that do not have a Medicare rate associated with the exam cpt code are given a 65% discount off of the IU clinical diagnostic rate.
Studies that have research specific technical requirements and/or professional requirements may be charged for the following services:
- Protocol oversight for non-soc imaging exams
- Physicist support
- Research measurements and/or analysis
- ORI start-up & study maintenance fees
- Radiation safety assistance
- Anonymization, data transfer and/or CD creation
- Safety Reads
To assure your study is appropriately budgeted please request an imaging budget from ORI before negotiating the imaging contract with the sponsor.