Shawn D. Teague, MD
Shawn D. Teague, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology and Imaging Sciences
Email: Shawn Teague
Director of General Radiology Fellowship, 2004-current
Director of Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowship, 2004-current
Department of Radiology Research Committee, 2004-current
Indiana Radiology Partners Retirement Fund Planning Committee, 2004-current
Indiana University Radiology Associates Finance Committee, 2006-current
Chief of Cardiothoracic Imaging, 2007-current
Indiana Radiology Partners Finance Committee, 2008-2010
Fuji PACS Radiologist Committee, 2008-current
Indiana University Radiology Associates Board Member, 2009-current
Medical Director of Indiana Institute of Biomedical Imaging Sciences, 2009-current
Radiology Medical Director University Hospital and Simon Cancer Center, 2010-current
Medical School: Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
Residency: Radiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
Fellowship: Cardiac MRI & CT Mini-Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Dr. Teague’s principal clinical and hospital service responsibilities are in cardiac and thoracic diagnostic interpretation, consultation and procedures. He joined the Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences faculty in 2003. During his tenure with the department Dr. Teague has focused significant efforts in education and research. He has directed the CT course offered through the Education and Research Institute; as well as the General Radiology and Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowship Programs. His major research interests are in cardiac CT and MR technology and applications development.
1. Rydberg J. Liang Y. Teague SD. Fundamentals of multichannel CT. Radiologic Clinics of North America. 41(3):465-74, May 2003.
2. Stantz KM. Liang Y. Meyer CA. Teague S. Stecker M. Hutchins G. McLennan G. Persohn S. In-vivo regional myocardial perfusion measurement in a porcine model by ECG-gated multislice computed tomography. Proc. SPIE Vol. 5031, p. 222-233, Medical Imaging 2003.
3. Rydberg J. Liang Y. Teague SD. Fundamentals of multichannel CT. Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 2004 Jun;8(2):137-46.
4. Roberts SD. Mirowski GW. Wilkes DS. Teague SD. Knox KS. Sarcoidosis part I: pulmonary manifestations. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004 Sep;51(3):448-51.
5. Teague SD, Conces DJ Jr. Metastatic meningioma to the lungs. J Thorac Imaging. 2005 Feb;20(1):58-60.
6. Collins J, Abbott GF, Holbert JM, Mullan BF, Kazerooni EA, Gotway MB, Ginsberg MS, Lacomis JM, Teague SD, Reddy GP, Worrell JA, Hunsaker A; Education Committee of the Society of Thoracic Radiology. Revised curriculum on cardiothoracic radiology for diagnostic radiology residency with goals and objectives related to general competencies(1). Acad Radiol. 2005 Feb;12(2):210-23.
7. Tarver RD, Teague SD, Heitkamp DE, Conces DJ Jr. Radiology of Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Radiol Clin North Am. 2005 May;43(3):497-512.
8. Choplin RH, Conces DJ Jr, Teague SD. Invited commentary. Radiographics. 2005 May-Jun;25(3):768-8.
9. Wei SC, Heitkamp DE, Teague SD, et al. Endobronchial Valves: Radiographic Appearance of a New Device for Lung Volume Reduction. Am J Roentgenol. In Press.
Scientific Reviewer for various journals including: Radiographers, Chest, American Journal of Roentgenology and Heart.
2006 - present Member, ACR Review Committee for Cardiac CT/MR Guidelines
2006 – present Chair, ACR Cardiac CT: Supervised Case Review Committee